Terms & Conditions
Terms of Purchase
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, being goods. This page tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions on which we sell any of the products listed on our website to you. Please read through these terms and conditions before placing your order. They do not affect your statutory rights.
Placing an order with Timber Art Design UK Ltd constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Timber Art Design UK Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice, but to remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations. Your contract with us will be governed by the terms and conditions in place when your order is accepted.
You will be requested to read and accept these terms and conditions every time you place an order. For this reason, we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Before placing an order with us, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us.
Information About Us
We are Timber Art Design UK Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11359165 and our registered office is at 108 Abbey Road South, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham, Clywd, LL13 9RF. Our registered VAT Number is 298 197733.
- Products may vary slightly from their images. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products on our website, however, as different computers and mobile devices display colour tones differently we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown.
- Product changes. Timber Art Design UK Ltd have a commitment to continuous product development and improvement. We reserve the right to alter the specification of any item, at any time. These alterations include and are not exclusive to adjustments in sizes, style, finish or detailing on individual items or collections.
- Clearance products. Any products identified as 'End of Line' or 'Clearance' in the product description are discontinued items of which we will not get any more stock. This means that we will be unable to source parts or exchange this product for a new equivalent in the event of a problem. This is reflected in the price of the products. All products are new and sold as new. This status and discount does not affect your statutory right to a refund in event of dissatisfaction. Please refer to our refunds policy which applies to all products sold.
- All specifics, pictures and other products information such as assembled size and weights may be subject to change at any time. However, our intention is to keep all information on our website and literature as accurate and as up to date as possible.
- All products are delivered flat pack with full instructions on assembly.
You can return new and unused product(s) within 14 calendar days of making your purchase, Timber Art Design Ltd will provide a refund for product(s) returned, in new and unused condition and with the original packaging. You are responsible for any costs incurred in the returning of the product(s) unless the product has a manufacturing fault or was already damaged upon receipt.
A refund may be refused, or the value of the refund reduced if the product(s) are not able to be sold at full retail value as a result of you handling the product(s) in such a way that the product(s) are no longer saleable at full retail value. Timber Art Design Ltd at its sole discretion, may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the retail value of the goods. Any refund and reduction will be proportionate to the retail value of the product(s) in the condition returned.
Change of mind / product. If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, following your order, but prior to despatch, please contact us immediately and we will advise if this is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing for delivery or anything else necessary as a result of your requested change, we will then confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. Unfortunately, if an order has already been despatched, the responsibility of return will be with the customer and may incur return carrier charges.
Shortages or Damage
Claims for non-delivery must be made within 7 working days from receipt of invoice. Claims for shortages and damage must also be made within 7 working days of receipt of goods. If carrier damage is evident goods must be refused, or if accepted details of damage must be made clear on delivery documentation.
Upon arrival you must examine your order for transportation damages. Damaged packaging may indicate that the product is also damaged. In this case, please refuse the order and submit a damage claim using the product damages link at the footer of our website within 7 days. We will immediately start working on your case and keep you informed. Find Product Damages link here.
If goods are damaged or lost by the carrier in transit or refused by customer due to evident damage, this information should be available to us on our carriers website. Should this be the case Timber Art Design Ltd can raise a claim and despatch immediate replacements.
Timber Art Design UK Ltd provides a 12 month warranty on all products. If there is something wrong with your item within 12 months of purchase, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org Describe the damage and supply with photos showing the damage.
Your claim will then be promptly considered and replacement parts will be sent. The warranty does not apply to damages caused by incorrect assembly, normal wear, moisture damage, heat damage, misuse, or surface imperfections on real wood products. None of the above affects your statutory rights.
Pricing and Payment
- All prices and charges on our website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. All product prices include VAT. Wholesale prices exclude any delivery costs, these are calculated as part of the checkout process, based on the delivery location and the size or weight of your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the products advised to you is correct. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you an option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling the order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- Payment for your order can be made via the following options:
- Credit/Debit Card - We accept most types of credit/debit cards.
- Bank transfer (BACS) - Goods will be despatched upon receipt of cleared funds to the full value of order.
- Credit account - Please see Credit account section of these terms and conditions.
Trade Account Invoicing, Payment and Refunds
Any invoice query must be submitted in writing to email@example.com within twenty-eight (28) days from the date
of issue of the queried invoice. Any invoice(s) not queried by You within 28 days of the date of issue shall be deemed to have been accepted
Claims for refund must be submitted within 14 days of order receipt. Account credit request must be submitted within 90 days of agreed refund.
You agree and acknowledge that We are under no obligation to include any purchase order number(s) from You on any invoices and/or
You will be sent an invoice for each purchase made using Your Account. Unless a credit account agreement is in place, payment must be
All payments to Us must be made in Pounds Sterling (£) by way of direct debit, BACS, Faster Payments or CHAPS. We reserve the right to
amend accepted payment methods at any time. You will be notified of any changes to accepted payment methods within a reasonable
You will be sent, unless otherwise agreed, monthly statements showing details of all purchases which have been charged to the Account in
the preceding month.
You may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to Us by reason of any right of set off or counterclaim, which You may
have, or allege to have. We shall be entitled at all times to set off any debt or claim which We may have against You against any sums due
from Us to You.
The format of Our invoices and statements to You will solely be dictated by Us. We will not enter into any variation of Our format unless any
proposed variations are requested in writing at least six months in advance and expressly agreed by Us. Any cost of an agreed variation shall
be borne by You unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Upon creation of a trade login through our website you may wish to apply for Credit Terms with us. Should you wish to do this please contact our sales team by telephoning 01978 660768 and we will issue an application form. Once your application has been submitted to us we will carry out all relevant credit checks with credit reference agencies in order for us to make a commercial decision to accept or decline your application. Please ensure that all details submitted on your application are honest, true and as accurate as possible. All
Should you be granted a credit account with us we will advise once all checks have been carried out, the outcome and payment terms offered by Timber Art Design UK Ltd by way of proposal to you before commencement of the facility. Should payment terms not be kept up to date we reserve the right to remove access to your trade account with us until such sums owed have been paid as cleared funds to us. We may also review the credit facility in place and remove this service, should we choose to do this all sums currently owed will be payable immediately.
All goods purchased under this facility shall remain the property of Timber Art Design UK Ltd until payment has been received in full.
If Timber Art Design Ltd or you the customer fail to comply with these terms and conditions, neither party shall be responsible for any losses that the other party suffers as a result, (including loss of revenues, data, profits, management time, etc.), loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms and conditions at the time we entered into the contract with each other.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits in any way our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any breach of the obligations implied by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Waiver, Severance, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The laws of England shall govern the contract between us. In the event of a dispute between us, it will be resolved in the courts of England and governed by the laws of England. If you choose to access our website outside of England you agreed that these laws would apply at all times.
Timber Art Design UK Ltd has no obligation to pay damages if we fail to deliver, should delivery be made difficult or impossible due to unforeseen events that occur after an order is accepted. Examples of force majeure are: act of God, natural disasters, mobilization, war, lock-outs, riots, work-related conflicts, energy crisis, damage to machinery, fire, epidemics, denial of import or export etc. as well as situations where transportation is made difficult or impossible.
These terms were last changed on 13th October 2020. Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Alternative Dispuse Resolution
The options for businesses, and the information requirements, for resolving disputes out of court.